"Don't dig your grave with a fork and knife" (Old English Proverb)



Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gratitude

Saturday Morning: I woke up at 6am today to go pre-round at the hospital and get patients ready for discharge in an attempt to impress my Attending. The first comment he makes on my hours of work? "You wrote the prescription for Percocet incorrectly."

It's now 11:30am and I'm still in the hospital. On the 10th floor in my secret study room. Starting once again to feel frustration creeping back in, I take a break to glance outside the window and see this:






I laugh, thinking how many little signs from the Universe I must have missed for the wise ones above to finally hit me over the head with a message I can't ignore.

Currently feeling grateful for ubiquitous love, as amorphous and undirected as it may be. Look around you:








What signs from the Universe are you not seeing? What are you happy for today?

1 comment: